Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Raw Grief: Tamar Fogel "I will be a mother to my siblings" ...with video


Video: Tamar Fogel and family visited by Prime Minister Netanyahu during Shivah following the funeral


Fogel Funeral



Tamar Fogel, a 12-year-old girl who just lost her parents and three of her siblings to a terrorist attack, told Israel Hayom newspaper that she intends to be a mother to her surviving siblings.

"I will be strong and succeed in overcoming this," Tamar said. "I understand the task that stands before me, and I will be a mother to my siblings."

Tamar's parents, Ruth and Udi, along with her siblings, Yoav, 11, Elad, 4, and three-month-old Hadas, were murdered Saturday night by terrorists affiliated with the Fatah party. Including Tamar, two other children survived the attack, Roi, 8, and two-year-old Yishai.

Chaim Fogel, Udi's father, told the newspaper what he first saw when he entered the Itamar home:

"We came to take the surviving grandchildren out of the Valley of Death," he said. "I don’t wish on anyone in the world the sight I saw. It is horrendous, beyond description, beyond comprehension."
[World Jewish Daily]
*




No comments: