Sunday, December 28, 2008

Will Obama keep his campaign promise to stick by Israel?

White House Puts Onus on Hamas to End Violence -Robert Pear

[During] the [recent] campaign, Mr. Obama made statements that sounded similar to those issued by the Bush administration on Saturday.

If somebody was sending rockets into my house where my two daughters sleep at night, I’m going to do everything in my power to stop that,” Mr. Obama said in July. “And I would expect Israelis to do the same thing.”
[New York Times]



2 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

I do not like and did not vote for Obama, but I will stand behind and support him as an American, and I whole-heartedly agree with that statement. If anyone was bombing my backyard while my son and daughter slept, you can bet I'd go to any length to protect them...even further than Israel, no doubt. Now let us watch and see what Obama is willing to do to back his statement. We're behind him.

Bruce said...

We are in complete agreement. Thankx so much for your comments.