Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Actual Jihad vs. "Cultural Jihad"

Fox News Interview with Steve Emerson

JAMIE COLBY: 15% of Muslims have turned radical of 1 billion Muslims according to this. Of course, there are many, many wonderful people who are Muslim. Is that an accurate number?

EMERSON: You know, it is a good question. I don't think we have reliable numbers on that. I prefer to believe that the majority of Muslims are not tethered to a radical agenda, and yet when I see public relations polls showing that up to 50% of British Muslims support the July attacks of last year, or I see 30 or 40% of American Muslims not believing that radical Islamic militants carried out 9/11, I have questions about this. [T]here are two divides Jamie. One is the actual jihadists, and the other one is the cultural jihadists. They are not the ones carrying out the bombings; they are the ones supporting the bombings.

No comments: